KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA NTPC RAMAGUNDAM ANNUAL REPORT 2012-13
It is my privilege to present before you the Annual Report of Kendriya Vidyalaya, NTPC Ramagundam for the year 2012-13.
Kendriya Vidyalaya, NTPC Ramagundam is established in 1980 in the project sector and is running successfully with classes from I to XII, with science & commerce stream at +2 stage. This year our commerce stream 1st batch of XII standard are going to appear for AISSE board exam.
At present Vidyalaya is blessed with student strength of 650 as on date and with full strength of teaching staff and non-teaching staff. Among the teaching staff 6 are contractual teachers. This academic year, KVS has appointed 4 newly selected PG teachers in Commerce, Economics, Computer Science, Chemistry and 1 TGT Arts and transferred 2 senior teachers in Biology & Music and 1 PGT Sh. Santosh Kumar selected as Principal . In addition to this we are offering coaching in sports and games, dance , drawing, computer awareness through vocational subjects. The teachers are regularly sponsored for in-service courses and this Vidyalaya caters to educational and working needs of the wards of the NTPC employees, transferable central , state, and public sector undertaking employees along with the wards of others as per thegovt reservation policy.
As per the KVS and CBSE guidelines, we are implementing activity based teaching , computer aided teaching, adventure activities, moral film shows at Primary section, community lunch and observation of important occasions/festivals for the holistic and harmony growth of the students.
Regarding the infrastructural facilities, this Vidyalaya has well established Math’s, physics, chemistry ,biology, junior science lab and two computer lab, Primary & secondary resource rooms with broadband facility, thin-client LAN connection and well equipped library and physical education department. Vidyalaya has It’s own websites which is regularly updated with relevant information and achievements of the Vidyalaya.
We profusely thank Chairman Shri Y. V Rao , VMC, Nominee Chairman ShriHari Kumar for providing as well furnished infrastructure with three Air Conditioners.
ACHIEVENTS OF THE VIDYALAYA
1.Commerce stream was opened at +2 stage last year in addition to the existing science stream and this year in 2013 they are going to appear for AISSE exam.
2. During 2011-12 , Vidyalaya has seen a sensible achievement of zero- failure in academics from I to XII achieving 100 % result . It is the year of 100 % pass with quality result.
3. Our Vidyalaya got 4th position in class XII among 50 KVS of Hyderabad Region. Total of14 students appeared in CBSE for class XII , And all of them got first class. All of them got through various exams and joined Engineering and Medical and pharmacy courses.
4. In class X, 44 students appeared in CBSE exams and got 100 % pass. Among them 3 students got 10 CGPA with all A1 grades in all subjects .KumSandhyaRamani, KumTanveerUnnisaa, Master BhanuPrakash Nanda have got these splendid achievements. They are not only the toppers of the Vidyalaya but also raised the Vidyalaya to 1st position in class X results in entire Hyderabad Region. KVS has honoured them with Rs. 5000 /- cash awards each and merit certificates and CBSE also awarded them with merit certificates.
Among the 3 meritorious students two of them KumSandhyaRamani, KumTanveerUnnisaa are pursuing their class XI in our Vidyalaya.
ACHIEVENTS OF STUDENTS IN CO-SCHOLASTIC AREAS
Students are trained , encouraged & sponsored in various co-scholastic areas, such as Games, Bharat Scouts & Guides , Science and Social Science Exhibition , Inter school , inter region, national and international competitions where our students proved their talent, skills and won laurels to themselves and to the Vidyalaya-
A Quick glance of these achievements are:-
1. Kum. SandhyaRamani of XI class won Rs. 500/- cash prize for her innovative projects on “Linear Magnetic Aircraft Launcher” for Regional Level & National Level Science Exhibition on “INSPIRE AWARDS” and participated in National level science exhibition held at New Delhi.
2. Our students got 1st position in Group Dance and Debate competition in KVS Cluster l Level Social Science Exhibition and 3rd position in Regional level social science exhibition held at KV Ghatkeswar and KvGolkonda.
3. KumItishaaRath of class IX was selected and participated in national convention of “ SPIC MACAY” an event of prestigious organization held in Banglore in search of young talented achievers of various fields.
4. Kum K. SaiHasitha of class IX got 1st price in State Level Drawing Competition.
5. Master SaiCharan of Class VIII got 2nd prize in KVS cluster level Quiz Competition.
ACHIEVENTS OF STUDENTS IN SPORTS AND GAMES
1. Vidyalaya Badminton team participated in the KVS (HR) cluster level meet held in our Vidyalaya and secured over all championship.
2. Total 44 medals were won by the students of our Vidyalaya in KVS Regional Meet 2012.
3. 8 students of this Vidyalaya were selected to represent KVS Hyderabad region and participated in KVS Natioanl meet held at Lucknow and Pune from 16th to 21st Oct 2012.
4. Master O. Anish of Class X secured Silver medal in under 14 Triple Jump and also Selected for the SGFI meet in 2012.
BHARAT SCOUTS AND GUIDES
1. In this vidyalaya there are 90 Scouts and 60 Guides, 30 cubs and bulbuls and 13 scout master and guides captains are actively taking part in the activities of this global movement.
2. 6 Scouts & 1Guides participated in RajyaPuraskar held at KV Tirumalgiri.
I take this opportunity to thank chairman, VMC, GM, NTPC, Sh. Y.V Rao and Nominee chairmanshR.Harikumar , VMC, AGM(HR), NTPC and the officials of NTPC, Deputy Commissioners and Assistant Commissioner of KVS and all the officials of KVS( Hyd Region) CISF, Bank, Post Office , BSNL staff and other well wishers for their support and encouragement in realizing all these achievemnets.
I also put on record the appreciation to my team consisting of students , staff and the guardians for joining with me with commitment in realizing the objective of education for reaching the target and bringing laurels to the Vidyalaya. JAI HIND